Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Magic in the woods

March 18, 2010

Just at the end of our road lies a magical place made of mud and streams, leaves, trees and just enough sunshine... I watch these two children play there and think about how lucky I am to have them in my life. Whoever would have thought I would feel such delight to watch my 2 year old bend and scoop up icy cold water?



Or the elation I would feel when she stood in a stream and watched the water run over her feet, observing something so simple yet so complicated...



And there is a point at which one must realize that there have been too many trips to the local cafe for lattes when your children start playing coffee shop in the woods...



Sipping a pretend ice cold decaf latte...



Cake making complete with candles and "Happy Birthday" songs...



I truly love Spring and all that it holds in it's wisdom...



Joyous boy who is just 2 days away from turning 5!



And finally, in this open air they work as a team instead of tugging and taking from one another...



We came home and they had lunch and went down for a nap. I picked Arden up from school and told her of our morning fun and she was ready to get in on it too!



She was content to sit there and talk to us... about her day, about the woods, about anything we would listen to!



We managed to get Chris to step away from his computer and come out with us. Here he helps Walter find the biggest piece of moss he can carry for a roof to a fairy house...



This is the man I love... and as we go through a challenging time there are moments when I feel so hopeless and frustrated, lonely even and then the gray lifts off and I feel joy, and thankfulness, knowing that after all of the assholes I dated I could be doing much worse.



I'm quite certain that if you look closely you might just see a fairy in that little fairy house...

No comments:

Post a Comment